Sunday, December 12, 2010

New Event




Yesterday, I had another event at Fieldstone, a local retirement community home. I was told that they needed assistance with "gifting" since many of them cannot get out and about. I have to admit, although I am a nurse, I was a little apprehensive. I would by lying if I didn't think about profitability (a little bit...). It turned out that yesterday was one of the best events I've ever had- due to the experiences I had with the residents. I met so many persons who were able to tell me "a thing or two" about life and jewelry. They critiqued my jewelry- they praised my pieces- all unasked of course- and it was so useful! They begged me to return in the spring and were ever so grateful that I came to them, since they couldn't get out. It made an experience that I was fearful of- unnecessarily- one of the most enjoyable times I've had with jewelry.

Some of the pieces that I displayed are pictured here. If I can remember, I'll try to include some of the funny stories that happened yesterday.

Until next time,
Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment